A lash lift perms and curls up your natural lashes, allowing you to flaunt them and feel great! Another great thing about a Lash Lift is that it is a very low maintenance procedure. However, there is a little extra care required over the first 24-48hrs only. Here’s what you shouldn’t do for results to last longer:
- Make sure your lashes don’t get wet
- Do not use makeup products on your eyes/lashes
- Don’t touch your eyes
- Avoid swimming, sauna’s or bathing
- Don’t get other beauty treatments on your face
Following these simple things will prolong the results of your lash lift and tint session. The results last up to 12 weeks, depending on your individual hair growth cycle, lifestyle and aftercare. At Maxi Care Beauty Secrets, we use one-shot Elleebana Lash Lift products.
Let’s understand the hair structure and what we are doing to it.
Hair is made of protein chains which are held together by physical and chemical bonds. Physical bonds are what we break when styling/washing etc. They are very weak and can be broken with water, heat and humidity. Physical bonds are TEMPORARY and have no permanent effect on the hair at all. These type of changes include heat styling, straightening, curling, rollers etc, in which no chemicals are used.
When lifting or perming eyelashes, we are changing the CHEMICAL bonds. As the hair cools or dries, these bonds are easily reformed.
- Perming lotion’s lift the hair cuticles to enter the cortex and break the disulphide bonds.
- Once disulphide bonds are broken the hair becomes weaker.
- Perming lotions contain ammonium thioglycolate. This is a compound that can break disulphide bonds by adding hydrogen to each sulphur atom.
- This will then allow the polypeptide chains to move and slip into their new shape (on your shield/rod).
Water or moisture should not come in with your lashes for at least 24 hours after a lash lift because water will alter the disulphide bonds in the hair’s cortex once they have set via chemical change. Here’s another way to understand this. A lovely blow dry will drop in the rain or once you wash your hair again. It’s effects go away! Avoid hot water or steam on the face or near the eyes. Don’t go in the kitchen as well for that matter.
- Please fight back all temptations to rub the eyes or lashes
- Do not use oil based products or any conditioning treatments/serums on the lashes. It will weaken the effect
- Results of the tint will start to diminish within 2 to 3 weeks as hair grows out and the tint color fades
- Remove eye makeup gently with non-oily remover
- Use a mineral mascara with natural fibers for the best finish
Also, inform our technician if you’ve recently had an eye infection or irritation, as we at Maxi Care Beauty Secrets advise our clients to wait for the irritation or infection to completely go away before a lash lift and tint appointment.
Before/After a Lash Lift Treatment at Maxi Care Beauty Secrets
If your lashes lie almost flat – or even point downwards – you’ll see a big difference after having a lifting treatment with us.
Click here to view our prices.